Who Are We
Florida FCCLA serves as the main state association for the national CTSO Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA). Serving more than 14,000 members statewide, our association has left an impact on students’ life by allowing them to discover their inner leaders.
Our mission is to promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer science education. By focusing on the multiple roles of family members, wage earners, and community leaders, members develop skills for life through character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society.
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
Motto and Tagline
- Motto: Towards New Horizon
- Tagline: The Ultimate Leadership Experience
“We are the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
We face the future with warm courage and high hope
For we have the clear consciousness of seeking old and precious values
For we are the builders of homes, homes for America’s future
Homes where living will be the expression of everything that is go and fair,
Homes where truth, and love, and security and faith will be realities, not dreams.
We are the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
We face the future with warm courage and high hope.”
Financial and Cooperative Support
FCCLA is supported by student membership dues in addition to funds raised from individuals, corporations, foundations, and federal grants. FCCLA is endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education (Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education) and the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS).
FCCLA does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, creed, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status or any other attribute or characteristic protected by law.
State Executive Council
2021 – 2022 State Executive Council
Our State Executive Council is a board of eight elected students, responsible for managing and coordinating Florida FCCLA’s membership programs and leadership development.
Vice President, Junior Relations
Jameson K. Hill
Vice President, Parliamentary Law
Vice President, Careers and Alumni
Vice President, Community Service
Vice President, Management
Vice President, Public Relations