The Ultimate Leadership Experience is unique among youth organizations. It is the only career and technical in-school student organization with the family as its central focus. Participation in national programs and chapter activities helps members become strong leaders in their families, careers, and communities.
FCCLA has more than 175,000 members and over 6,0000 chapters from 50 state associations, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. The organization has involved more than ten million youth since its founding in 1945.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
1. to provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
2. to strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
3. to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
4. to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
5. to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
6. to provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
7. to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society
8. to promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
FCCLA is the only in-school student organization with the family as its central focus. FCCLA is a career and technical student organization that functions as an integral part of the Family and Consumer Sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system, and it provides opportunities for active student participation at local, state, and national levels.
Ten national officers (students) are elected by the voting delegates at the annual National Leadership Meeting and together make up the National Executive Council. The National Board of Directors is composed of adult representatives from education and business and four youth representatives. State associations and local chapters elect their own youth officers. The Florida FCCLA State Association elects 8 state officers each year at the State Leadership Conference and the President-Elect from the previous year steps into the President position. State programs come under the direction of Family and Consumer Sciences education staff. Chapter advisers are Family and Consumer Sciences teachers.
FCCLA’s national office is located at :
1910 Association Drive
Reston, VA. 20191-1584
Fax 703-860-2713 or
PO Box 1806
Bushnell, FL 33513